Thursday, October 13, 2005

C64 nostalgia

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I just got my order from Toys'R'Us shipped, and in the box was... (drumrolls) a C64 Direct-to-TV joystick! I haven't tried it yet, so I can't really say if it's as good as the original (will anything ever be?) but according to my sources, it seems a lot of fun.


What is even more interesting is the design of the thing. It's the whole thing on a single chip, and you can read more about it here.



Finally, it's hackable! I guess that was my biggest motivator for buying this thing, just think about the possibilities if you have a low-power computer with audio and video output on a single chip for a few bucks! I will post more once I've tried this thing.


(And yes, the photos are crappy, taken on a crappy Samsung phone)

No comments: